Why Google+ is the Social Network for Content Creators

In just over 2 short years, Google+ has turned into a what many believe is a must-have for content creators. +Jesse Wojdylo discusses a few reasons why he believes that is.

In March of 2012, I was floundering around trying to figure out how to rank in Google search. Unfortunately, I had noticed several websites had fallen in the search rankings. They had not been deindexed or penalized but they had seen a significant drop in traffic. The only thing I knew to do was to go to the source - Google. I had a Google+ profile but I only used it briefly to do some hangouts with friends. Around March 10th, 2012 I decided that it was time to ramp up my engagement and interaction in hopes of getting some answers when it came to ranking in search, SEO and, most importantly, creating quality content that gets consumed. Let's just say my world has changed quite a bit since those early days.

Google+ and Content Creators

Early on, I made the prediction that Google was going to layer Google+ into all things Google including Google Search, YouTube, Android, GMail and any other service they purchased. So far, I have been correct in that prediction. Content comes in the form of text or written articles, videos, pictures or audio files and podcasts. Google has a large presence in all of these areas. The incorporation of SoundCloud into Google+ now allows content creators to write, video, photograph or speak their feelings, then share them to Google+. That alone is amazing.

The icing on the cake is Google+ is full of content creators that want to help each other. This article is a perfect example. +Clayton Pritchard came to me and asked if I wanted to write a piece for +Google Plus Daily. I have been honored to be a guest writer here for several months. Life has called and I have been a bit busy but I will always make time for those that are willing to partner up to promote the amazing products offered by Google. Instead of thinking of Google Plus Daily as competition, I think of it more as a partnership.

If Google+ is new to you, I encourage you to think about the social layer as a business networking event that is more about cooperation than competition. If you think of it that way, you will have tremendous success. I would have never guessed that I would accumulate over 300,000 followers in less than two years. That said, I also continue to work with others to help promote their areas of expertise. While my area of expertise is content writing and copywriting it is not writing code, creating amazing graphics or doing in depth SEO work. If you need someone for that, I can direct you to some of the best in the business.


Google+ is Relationship Marketing

For several months I have been pushing Google+ as relationship marketing. Every day one of my Google+ acquaintances suggests me to a friend for my services. Sometimes it works out and other times there is not a fit. If I do not mesh with the potential client I suggest them to someone else on Google+ that would work properly for their industry. This is what Google+ is all about. We work together for the greater good. In the long run, there is plenty of business to go around for content creators. Rather than fighting for the competition, reach a helping hand out to others and you will be paid tenfold down the road. If you want more information on succeeding on Google+ or hiring a content writer feel free to reach out to me at jwojdylo@gmail.com.